27. Certification – Exam 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with MS SQL Server 2012
26. Certification – Exam 70-462: Administering MS SQL Server 2012 Databases
25. Certification – Passed 70-461 Exam : Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
24. Certification – SQL Server 2012 Certification Path
23. SQL Server 2012 Upgrade – Use Upgrade Advisor
22. SQL Server 2012 Upgrade – Technical Guide and Why Upgrade
21. Issues – with the new SEQUENCE feature in SQL Server 2012 (not a bug)
20. Issues – with IDENTITY property in SQL Server 2012 (not a bug)
19. Deprecated – SQL Server 2012 does not support Linked Server to SQL Server 2000
18. Deprecated – SET FMTONLY ON/OFF | New SPs and DMFs introduced in replacement
17. New Features – Another reason to use THROW clause instead of RAISERROR
16. New Features – New THROW statement in SQL Server 2012 (vs RAISERROR)
15. New Features – Using FullText search with FileTables in SQL Server 2012
14. New Features – using FileTables to store your files and docs
13. New Features – Temp Tables are created with negative Object IDs
12. New Features – Enhanced OVER() Clause – Part 2
11. New Features – Enhanced OVER() Clause – Part 1
10. New Features – WITH RESULT SETS
09. New Features – SSMS, Surround With
08. New Features – OFFSET-FETCH Clause and Pagination
07. New Features – SEQUENCES
06. New Features – CONCAT() & FORMAT() functions
05. New Features – Use TRY_PARSE() instead of ISNUMERIC()
04. New Features – Built-in Functions
03. SQL Server 2012 – BPA
02. The Fantastic 12 of 2012
01. SQL Server 2012 – New Features
Hi manoj could you please suggest me solution for the error ” the given key was not present in the dictionary ” during installation of sql server 2012 Std edition.
Thanks in Advance,
I am writing to explore some volunteer opportunities in SQL Server. I have been unemployed for more than a year due to some visa issues. I am trying my best to get hands-on experience in T-SQL programming or Microsoft BI field while I am unemployed. Any inputs in finding online volunteer work related to SQL. I am also preparing for Exam 70-461 and would take the exam pretty soon.
I would greatly appreciate your inputs in this regard.
@Poonam, thanks for writing to me and I really appreciate your dedication towards technology.
As far as Volunteer work is concerned I’m not aware of any, but you can dedicate your time and knowledge on answering Questions on various forums like MSDN TSQL, SQLServerCentral, StackExchange, which will also let you learn new things and clear your doubts.
Also you can start your own blog like this or volunteer by writing blog posts on beyondrelational, codeproject, etc. blogging forums.
For preparing 70-461 you can check my blog post: https://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/passed-70-461-exam-querying-microsoft-sql-server-2012/
Ur website is having lot information.But i am new to work with sql server 2008 R2 and newly learning T-sql.. Could you please suggest me some books or some links where i can refer..
Hi @Nikki, as you said you are new to learning T-SQL, so start with the latest version of SQL Server, i.e. 2012. You can check the basic Certification book for SQL Server 2012, check this link: https://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/passed-70-461-exam-querying-microsoft-sql-server-2012/
For books you can refer to: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Server-2012-T-SQL-Fundamentals/dp/0735658145/ref=sr_1_3&tag=651998669-20
I am planning to prepare for SQL 2012 certification (Business Intelligence). Could you give me some idea how to setup the lab environment to cover 40-461, 462, 463, 466 & 467.I do not have access to server machines, so it would be good if you can provide me some info about simulating the environment using my desktop machine.
Sorry @Mayank for replying so late on your comment.
You can install the Express Edition of SQL Server 2012 on your Desktop machine and start practicing for test tests.
Check this link for complete Certification Path: https://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/sql-server-2012-certification-path/
how to use vb function to sql query function
str=”select * from employ”
do while rs.eof=false
for i= 1 to 6
if sex=’m’ then
update status=’male’ where empcode=’1000′
update status=’female’ where empcode=’1000′
and where empcode=1000
and where empcode=1000
Could you please help me how to handle the the space in the sheet value ( Budget Administrative Code in the following example)
‘Data Source= C:\testing Country.xlsx;
Extended Properties=”Excel 12.0″‘)…[Budget Administrative Code$];
What do mean by space in sheet value & how do you want to handle it?
Can you please explain.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
This is my personal blog site.
The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer. For accuracy and official reference refer to MS Books On Line and/or MSDN/TechNet.
My employer do not endorse any tools, applications, books, or concepts mentioned on the blog. I have documented my personal experience on this blog.
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 530 other followers
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.