SQL Server 2012 Certification Path
It’s always good to give Certifications, it enhances your technical skills and prove your knowledge, and more over it looks good on your Resume!
Exactly last year I passed the “Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012” (70-461) exam, and I blogged my experience [here]. Since then I get lot of hits on the post from all over the world. Then only I came to know that there are many people who want to pursue for this exam and other follow up exams in sequence.
People ask me about study materials, dumps (which I don’t recommend strongly). Few people have confusion to give which exam in what order. Some are not aware of the exams that lies in the Certification Path.
So, I have created a visual snapshot of all these exams for all SQL Server 2012 Certification exams at different levels:
So, you can start with any of the 3 exams at the bottom (first) level based upon your area of interest. A Dev can take 70-461, a DBA can start with 70-462, and a DataWarehouse Engineer can go with 70-463, and you can take them in any order.
1. Microsoft Certified Professional: As soon as you pass any one exam you are an MCP.
2. Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: After you are done with all three (70-461 + 70-462 + 70-463) you are an MCSA.
3. Microsoft Certified Solution Expert: After achieving MCSA, you can either go for MCSE in Data Platform (70-464 + 70-465) or Business Intelligence (70-466 + 70-467).
4. Microsoft Certified Solution Master: After achieving MCSA in Data Platform, you can go even further to MCSM by taking 70-468 & 70-469 exams.
–> Study material for:
– Exam 70-461: Training Kit (Exam 70-461): Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 | My Blog Post on 70-461.
– Exam 70-462: Training Kit (Exam 70-462): Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases | My Blog Post on 70-462
– Exam 70-463: Training Kit (Exam 70-463): Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 | My Blog Post on 70-463
– Exam 70-464: Channel9 Video | Instructor-led – Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
– Exam 70-465: Channel9 Video | Instructor-led – Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
– Exam 70-466: Channel9 Video | Instructor-led – Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
– Exam 70-467: Channel9 Video | Instructor-led – Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
– Exam 70-986: Not yet available
– Exam 70-987: Not yet available
– MCSE (DP: 464/465 and BI: 466/467) exams are updated with SQL 2014 topics.
– MCSA (461/462/463) exams will be having SQL 2012 content only.
For more details about the Certification Path and exams you can check Microsoft Official site: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/sql-certification.aspx
–> Download “SQL Server 2014 Full or Express version for practice: